We’re looking for a Bioinformatician to play a critical role in building our cutting-edge platform to discover revolutionary medicines using machine learning.
What you’ll do in this role.
- You’ll be interacting daily with a variety of disciplines, using your expertise in NGS data analysis to help drive important projects and discussions.
- You’ll analyse NGS data generated by our in-house wet lab team, then discuss the results with the wider R&D team to draw conclusions.
- You’ll collaborate with NGS and Data Science to develop relevant pipelines to analyse barcode/UMI containing libraries. Together, you’ll plan follow-up experiments when needed.
- You’ll also develop and maintain sequence analysis tools with the Software team, plus research literature for cutting edge approaches / new datasets.
- From designing experiments with wet-lab scientists, to providing them with constructive feedback, your ability to distil complexity into concise communications will be put to use every day!
What we’re looking for from you.
- You've collaborated with wet lab scientists to plan and execute multiple experiments with diverse sequence repertoires (e.g. T-cell receptor, antibodies, or protein engineering using in vitro-generated libraries). You’re used to giving feedback when there are issues with the data.
- You have a biomedical science background, which helps you understand what goes down in the wet lab and therefore plan and design experiments effectively.
- You've developed custom pipelines for analysis of NGS data from variant libraries for projects that did not follow standard published procedures. Analysing amplicon-based data will take up a lot of your time so you need to both enjoy and excel at it.
- You’re expert in Python, solid on applied statistics, and have a broad knowledge of bioinformatics tools and databases.
How you enjoy working.
You’re happiest working in a collaborative context. If you love flying solo, this isn't the right role for you.
You enjoy multi-disciplinary work and are hungry to learn from others.
You’re equally comfortable challenging as you are with being challenged.
You get excited about sailing into uncharted waters.
You want work to be meaningful and to be part of a business dedicated to having a positive impact on humanity.
What you’ll receive from us.
Aside from being part of our brilliant, purpose-driven team, you'll also enjoy:
- Flexible working arrangements: whether you’re a night owl or a morning lark, with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
- Easy access to on-site gym and climbing wall to break a sweat or indulge your inner monkey.
- Monthly 1-on-1 coaching from Sanctus: because we need to look after our minds as well as our bodies.
- Self-service study budget via Sunlight plus books, courses, and events; we encourage personal development in any form. Basically, we heart learning.
- Weekly team lunches from City Pantry: the perfect time to connect over kebabs, natter over nachos, or cackle over curry.
- Access to the Cycle To Work scheme: to make your commute cheaper, healthier, and a whole lot greener!
We believe that diversity makes for innovative, exceptional teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.