Head of People
LabGenius’ mission is to harness evolution with AI to develop radically new proteins.
LabGenius is a venture-backed startup founded by Dr James Field in 2012. We’ve raised >$5M in seed financing from top deep-tech investors to mature and automate ‘EVA’ - our AI-powered evolution engine.
About the role
We’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for a Head of People to help us make LabGenius a great place to work as we scale.
You will be the first person in this function and will have the opportunity to build our people processes and systems from scratch. This role will hold accountability over three areas (1) performance management, (2) employee retention and (3) talent acquisition.
- Performance management - you will establish and maintain systems to measure employee engagement and reward our top performers.
- Learning and development - you will establish an incredible learning & development program within the business to ensure all of our team members are happy and have the tools they need for personal and professional progression.
- Internal projects - You’ll take ownership over things like how we calculate compensation and stock option plans, organising team events and designing and rolling out a candidate evaluation process to introducing 360 feedback loops and supporting our organisational design.
- Values - We’re proud of the culture that we’ve built and we want someone to help us ensure our values remain at the core of everything we do, from hiring right through to everyday behaviour.
- Talent acquisition - We plan to double in size over the next 18-24 months. We’re looking for a process-driven expert to come in and instil a strong hiring culture throughout the organisation. You will also be responsible for full-cycle recruitment (sourcing, interviewing, scheduling, closing) across multiple job openings.
- People Person: You are passionate about technology and the people that build it. You will design programs that prioritise our people and make LabGenius the best company to work for in the UK.
- Recruiting Experience: You likely have previous recruiting experience at a fast-growing technology company.
- Org design: You have some experience in organisational design.
- Intellectually Curious: While you may not have deep knowledge or relationships in the Biotech industry, you are intellectually versatile and a quick learner. What you lack in industry knowledge you’ll pick up quickly on the job.
- Results-focused: You’re extremely detail-oriented and subscribe to our mantra of “Get Sh*t Done”. You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Experience: You’ve done this before - you’ve most likely worked within a People, Talent or HR role at a high growth, VC-backed startup/SME. You know what it takes to build a brilliant people/talent function from scratch but now you’re looking to do it all over again.
- Network: You have strong relationships in the tech and/or biotech industries.
- Highly competitive salaries - reviewed twice a year - and generous options packages
- A grand, binding mission to change the way that biology is engineered
- Our famous self-serve learning budget to spend as you like via the Sunlight platform
- 1-on-1 in-house coaching from Sanctus every month
- Wednesday team lunches from City Pantry
- Flexible working arrangements
- On-site gym and climbing wall for regular team outings
- A cross-functional squad structure which will broaden your exposure to world experts in other cutting-edge fields