Diversity makes for innovative teams. LabGenius is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
LabGenius’ mission is to build an AI-driven platform for the evolution of new biological products.
Since the advent of life 3.8 billion years ago, the survival of all species has depended on rapid innovation at the genetic level. At LabGenius, we're harnessing evolution to develop a new generation of biological products in partnership with world-leading multinationals.
LabGenius is a venture-backed startup founded by Dr James Field in 2012. We’ve raised >£4M in seed financing from top deep-tech investors to mature and automate ‘EVA’ - our AI-powered evolution engine.
About the role
We're looking for someone pragmatic and organised to manage the day-to-day operations of our HQ in Bermondsey. This isn't a typical operations gig, in that we're looking for someone to be the 'face' of the business for visitors, as well as owning the physical embodiment of the culture we've built through making our office an awesome place to work.
You'll be working directly with our Operations Manager, as well as a super-friendly, smart team who love their work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day operational management of facilities, HR admin, office and stock management, supplier accounts and administration.
- Looking after front-of-house and visitors to the lab/office while keeping the business running like clockwork.
- Working on 'culture' and people admin and projects.
- Experience working in operations within a fast-growing business where priorities shift.
- Work experience liaising directly with senior stakeholders.
- Office management experience- think co-ordination of post, on-boarding, book-keeping and supplier relationships.
- A 'people person' who can work with a diverse range of personalities and 'add to' rather than 'fit with' our culture.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time and stakeholder expectations.
Nice to have
- Experience working in a service industry where you've needed a close attention to detail. Maybe you were a barista or a concierge in a previous life.
- Evidential experience of streamlining office and facilities processes.
- Experience of contributing to HR and people initiatives.
- Working experience of Slack, Monday.com, Google Suite.
- A grand, binding mission to change the way that biology is engineered
- Our famous self-serve learning budget to spend as you like via the Sunlight platform
- 1-on-1 in-house coaching from Sanctus every month
- Wednesday team lunches from City Pantry
- Flexible working arrangements
- On-site gym and climbing wall for regular team outings
- A cross-functional squad structure which will broaden your exposure to world experts in other cutting-edge fields
- Highly competitive salaries- reviewed twice a year- and generous options packages