LabGenius’ mission is to build a closed-loop platform for the evolution of new biological components. Since the advent of life 3.8 billion years ago, the survival of all species has depended on rapid innovation at the genetic level. At LabGenius, we're harnessing evolution to develop a new generation of biological products in partnership with world-leading multinationals.
LabGenius is a venture-backed startup founded by Dr James Field in 2012. We recently closed a £2M seed round from top deep-tech investors to mature and automate ‘EVA’ - our AI-powered evolution engine.
We’re looking for a platform engineer to help build out our lab automation platform. As part of our automation team, you’ll work with automation engineers and platform scientists to develop a platform to handle all of our scientific processes, unifying our data-gathering efforts and enable us to run more processes, faster and more efficiently.
- Own our internal lab protocol platform, from design to implementation.
- Establish and develop our data pipelines and processing capabilities.
- Contribute to the development of our Python back end services.
- Play a key part in shaping the development and direction of our software platform.
- 2 or more years of professional experience as a software engineer, using Python or an equivalent language.
- You have at least 1 years of professional experience building and deploying services using RESTful APIs.
- You are interested in biotech and have a desire to learn more.
- You are excited and motivated by challenging and multifaceted problems.
- You are an excellent oral and written communicator and are able to convey your ideas clearly to a multi-disciplinary team.
Nice to haves
- You have experience running and deploying services using Google Cloud Platform tools.
- You have experience using data processing frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop.
- You have experience writing code in Go.
- You have experience of building and maintaining modern web applications.
- A grand, binding mission to change the way that biology is engineered
- Our famous self-serve learning budget to spend as you like via the Sunlight platform
- 1-on-1 in-house coaching from Sanctus every month
- Wednesday team lunches from City Pantry
- Flexible working arrangements
- On-site gym and climbing wall for regular team outings
- A cross-functional squad structure which will broaden your exposure to world experts in other cutting-edge fields
- Highly competitive salaries- reviewed twice a year- and generous options packages