Business Development - Pharmaceuticals
Diversity makes for innovative teams. LabGenius is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
LabGenius’ mission is to build an AI-driven platform for the evolution of new biological products.
Since the advent of life 3.8 billion years ago, the survival of all species has depended on rapid innovation at the genetic level. At LabGenius, we're harnessing evolution to develop a new generation of biological products in partnership with world-leading multinationals.
LabGenius is a venture-backed startup founded by Dr James Field in 2012. We’ve raised >£4M in seed financing from top deep-tech investors to mature and automate ‘EVA’ - our AI-powered evolution engine.
About the role
We're looking for a Portfolio Manager to interface between our technical product teams and industry. As part of our commercial team, you'll work with our CCO and technical teams to identify and target potential assets and ensure the feasibility and due diligence of our work. You'll be a crucial go-between both internally and with our external stakeholders and owning;
- Identification and evaluation of targets and potential assets
- Bringing in new partners
- Working on contracts and licensing deals
- Defining the product pipeline
- Financial modelling with a particular focus on pharma
- IP; patentability, FTO and landscaping
- Liaising with our technical team on technical due diligence
- You've worked in a pharma company or similar (maybe as a consultant) in early stage drug discovery
- You've built up search and evaluate experience.
- You understand IP inside and out.
- You have the propensity to succeed in a highly cross-functional environment
- You have a strong technical degree (ideally bio-based).
- You have strong networking experience or can demonstrate success in an outward-facing role
- Experience in a high-performance commercial culture
- A grand, binding mission to change the way that biology is engineered
- Our famous self-serve learning budget to spend as you like via the Sunlight platform
- 1-on-1 in-house coaching from Sanctus every month
- Wednesday team lunches from City Pantry
- Flexible working arrangements
- On-site gym and climbing wall for regular team outings
- A cross-functional squad structure which will broaden your exposure to world experts in other cutting-edge fields
- Highly competitive salaries- reviewed twice a year- and generous options packages